Tuesday 23 August 2011

The Goodreads Aussie Readers 2011 Winter Reading Challenge (COMPLETED)

I have decided to have a last minute crack at the Winter Challenge (to be completed by the end of the Southern Hemisphere Winter - 31st August, 2011). I might be cutting it a tad fine, but I'll have a go anyway! The books have to be chosen and reviewed on Goodreads according to the following guidelines:



UPDATE: Challenge completed 26th Aug, 2011

My list is as follows:
1. Pick a book that has a warm or summery theme on the cover: 
Mystery Bay Blues by Robert G.Barrett  My Review

2. Pick a book from your Goodreads To Be Read (TBR) list:
Killing Hour by Andrew Gross  My Review


3. Find a YA novel or a picture book to read:
Magpie Mischief by Jon Doust  My Review


4. National Tree Day – read a book you haven’t purchased:
Sensitive New Age Spy by Geoff McGeachin  My Review


5. Choose a book which has been made into a movie:
Raise The Titanic! by Clive Cussler  My Review


6. Read a book where a word in the title has to relate to a wintery theme:
Arctic Drift by Clive Cussler  My Review

7. Read an Aussie author's book:
Wyatt by Garry Disher  My Review


8. Read New Release out somewhere in the 3 month period of winter:
Private London by James Patterson  My Review


9. Pick a friend on your Goodread list and also select and read a book they have read: (from Brenda's list)
Running Blind (aka The Visitor) by Lee Child  My Review

10. Curl up beside the fire and grab yourself a book full of suspense or murder:
Follow the Money by Peter Corris  My Review


11. Bonus Book: Choose a book by a winter born author (June, July, August)
Garry Disher (born 15th August) Port Vila Blues   My Review


Link To The Goodreads Aussie Readers 2011 Winter Reading Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment