Saturday 27 August 2011

2011 Australian Author Birthplace Reading Challenge

The aim of this challenge is to select and read one author from each of the states and territories in Australia based upon their birthplace. My list of books is as follows:

Northern Territory (NT)
Every Secret Thing by Marie Munkara (Born on the banks of the Mainoru River in central Arnhem Land (NT) and then went to Nguiu on the Tiwi islands when 18 months old)  My Review

Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
The Fern Tattoo by David Brooks (Born 12 January 1953 in Canberra) Brief Thoughts

Tasmania (Tas)
The Year Of Living Dangerously by Christopher Koch (Born in Hobart in 1932) My Review

South Australia (SA)
The Fallout by Garry Disher (Born in Burra in the mid-north of South Australia in 1949) My Review

Queensland (Qld)
The Dead Path by Stephen M. Irwin (born in Brisbane, 1966) - Brief Thoughts

New South Wales (NSW)
Mystery Bay Blues by Robert G. Barrett (Born in Bondi, NSW) - My Review

Victoria (Vic)
Follow The Money by Peter Corris (born on 8 May 1942 in Stawell, Victoria) - My Review

Western Australia (WA)
Carnies by Martin Livings (Born in 1970 in Perth, WA) - My Review

No comments:

Post a Comment